Why you cannot afford not to be
a MEMBER of the
Master Builders Association
MBAWC MEMBERSHIP OFFERS A WIDE RANGE OF BENEFITS:
1. THE AUTOMATIC RIGHT TO AFFILIATED MEMBERSHIP OF MBSA, the leading national representative body in the building and construction industry in South Africa.
2. INSURANCES. (These are obligatory on all contracts.) Free expert advice and guidance from our inhouse MBA insurance company specialising in the Building Industry.
3. INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS. In the new South Africa with its strong emphasis on the rights of the individual, MBAWC keeps Members updated and informed of all the latest developments and will advise you on how to operate fairly andstrictly within the Act. Membership of the MBAWC gives you the opportunity to benefit from collective bargaining and representation in both the labour market and the industrial sector.
4. OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY. Our team of OHS Advisors are happy to assist and advise you on any aspect relating to OHS. If you follow the steps recommended in the MBSA Safety Manual, you will avoid unnecessary legal actions, be in a position to receive a rebate on your insurance payments, and have a contented and more productive workforce.
5. A FREE MONTHLY COPY OF MBSA’s OFFICIAL JOURNAL, SA BUILDER,
which will assist you in keeping in touch with the national and regional building scene and contractual matters.
6. THE RIGHT TO CALL ON THE ASSOCIATION FOR ASSISTANCE AND ADVICE IN ALL MATTERS THAT MIGHT AFFECT YOUR BUSINESS–
Contractual and Legal; Industrial Relations; Occupational Health and Safety; Training & Education, etc. It is a fact that smaller companies, often ignorant of their rights and in some cases of their obligations, frequently fall foul of their clients, the professions, and indeed their own labour force.
Help is onlya phone call away.
Bring MBAWC onto your side and get a clear, objective view of matters and obtain advice on the correct procedures to follow.
7. THE RIGHT TO RECEIVE MBA NEWSLETTERS, CIRCULARS, AND BULLETINS, which will keep you updated with changes in legislation, and give recommendations on how to tackle those difficulties which continually arise.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION – the right to request MBAWC to appoint an Adjudicator, Mediator or Arbitrator, should you find yourself in a dispute situation with your Client.
9. SKILLS TRAINING – access to MBAWC preferred Training Providers at special rates for the most up to date training of employees. The opportunity to be involved in Group Apprentice programmes and assistance with your Workplace Skills Plans.
10. CONTRACT DOCUMENTS - assistance with and access to Building Contract Documentation at considerable saving in cost.
11. MARKETING – marketing of Master Builder member companies through the annual Membership Directory as well as press releases during the year.
12. FUNCTION FACILITIES - Members enjoy a 50% discount on the hire of the Belmont Square Venue/Seminar rooms.
In addition, full membership of MBAWC entitles you to the following further benefits :
13. THE RIGHT TO USE THE MBA LOGO ON YOUR LETTERHEADS, NOTICE BOARDS, BUSINESS PREMISES AND COMPANY VEHICLES once full membership is granted, following the standard 12 month probationary period. MBAWC Membership is recognised by the general public as a symbol of reliability and good faith. It will, therefore, assist you to secure more work from clients.
Membership provides the opportunity to any member of the public with whom you do business to contact the Association regarding unsatisfactory performance.
The Association will then be obliged, in every instance, to investigate and attempt to resolve the matter in a fair and equitable manner, to the ultimate benefit of both parties.
14. THE RIGHT TO ADVERTISE IN THE MBA MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY which is distributed free of charge to all professionals and stakeholders in the Built Environment as well as to 5000 members of the public each year, helping to ensure that MBA Members are kept in the public eye.
ON THE MORE INFORMAL SIDE, YOU WILL ALSO BENEFIT FROM MIXING AND NETWORKING WITH OTHER MBA MEMBERS AT OUR REGULAR SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS & PRESENTATIONS, OUR SPORTS DAYS AND OUR ANNUAL SOCIAL GET-TOGETHERS.
2015 © Master Builders Association Western Cape - Tel : 021 685 2625 - Fax : 021 685 2622 - Belmont Square, Belmont Road, Rondebosch, 7700
P.O. Box 382, Rondebosch, 7700 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - GPS 33°57’34”S 18°28’25”E
Website Version 2.1 [Build 2015/08/26]